ALL IS FUN!

Here lately I've been having fun in athletics. Mon-Thurs we work out. On Friday if we've worked hard all week long, we have competitions. If we don't work hard, then we work out for about 10-15 minutes before we start the competitions. The only time we did that was the first week, every other week we've started out with competitions. The most commonly known competitions that we do are mat drills. They're not as bad as they sound. I enjoy doing them. During the week we practice, so to speak, mat drills. The way that we do mat drills is we divide into teams. Everybody lines up around the mat and the coaches number us. Then we all go to where our number is. The second week that we did competitions we started out with mat drills, then we played something we like to call, king of the mat. Every week there has been 4 groups. What we did with king of the mat was 2 teams would get on the mat and when the coach said go, they would wrestle. Our group went 2nd thankfully because the way it worked was last person standing wins. When we wrestled I didn't get thrown off. What we had to do was stay on our knees unless we were being thrown or wrestling with someone and just happened to come off our knees. Our team ended up wining, but we had to wait for the next group of people to go until we could go again. The 2nd time we went I was automatically being chased. It was a run for my life. When I was running away, They got a hold of my ankle and I was trying to get away as best I could and I did. The person just decided to give up and go work on another person. As I was trying to help someone get another person off the mat, someone got a hold of me. I looked back and it wasn't the same person that had originally grabed me. He pulled me toward him by pulling my ankles yet again and I twisted and escaped from his grasp. But he grabbed me again. He was getting me off the mat and I was trying my best to stay on and he eventually just through me off. This last week, we started off with mat drills as usual, and after mat drills we played a new game. 1st the coaches put a tire in the middle of the mat. There were 4 people that stood around the edges of the mat. They had 2 teams go at a time. Each team had 2 people run all the way around the mat and go around the person at our corner. Then we would go and grab the tire and bring it back to our corner and touch the persons hand. The person that had the hand to touch, had to keep his hand still. Here's the catch, the other team was trying to do the exact same thing. It was a very hard challenge. The next thing that we played was something we call sock wars. What we did was we put a sock that the coaches gave us in our shoe after which we got on our hands and knees and put our heads to each others shoulders, and on the work GO! we attempted to grab each others sock out of each others shoe. When I went against the person that I went against, Coach Simpson yelled Whoa! Whoa! here is the match of the night! And everyone watched. Whenever we started, Garet (that was his name) automattically fliped me over his back. So as he was concentrated trying to flip me, I grabbed his sock and won. I had a lot of fun that day. There are still a lot of competitions to come, but I'll update you on every one.


Sincerely,
Blu

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It's so much better

Football

Stock Show