Girls powerlifting meet

First off, I did not make plans a week ahead of time to even think of helping witb the girls powerlifting meet, let alone be in charge of anything. It all started when the announcement at school was made that help was needed at the meet. So I made sure I didn't have anything planned on Saturday, which of course I didn't, and volunteered to work from 9-11 in the morning. Then I just said to put me down for all day. I had nothing better to do, right? Well it turn out, I've made myself a little too trustworthy. Coach Howard put me in charge of selling tee shirts, which meant I would have to help the night before thr meet when all the girls were weighing in as I was the one that was most trsted by coach Howard out of everyone that signed up. That's a good thing right? Its awesome to be able to be trusted by a lot of people, but it can be exhausting. I helped him out and sold shirts on Friday from about 3-6, and was held responsible for any shirts not sold. Coach has his ways of encouraging or motivating things to get done he needs and wants to get done, he's a scary man. That being said, with the help of one person, all the tee shirts were sold out by 3. Something that was funny or frustrtating about this was there was another guy selling tee shirts!this company, House of Pain, came in the morning around 8:30 or so, after I had been selling for a while. He found coach Howard and coach had this blank look on his face when he saw this guy. The guy comes in and asks where he could set up his tables. Coach Howard looked at him and said i didn't even know you guys were gonna be comin...the guy had drove 7 hours just to get there, he want gonna leave without some explanation or fight. They argued with each other about 5 minutes andthey guy finally said well if I leave we're probably never comin back. Coachs reply was simply ok. I'm sure he was thinking, "don't let the door hit you too hardon your way out." Well it turns out, about an hour later this same guy walks through the doors with a table and starts setting up his own tables. My immediate thought was, i gotta find coach howard. Was this guy really that stubborn to sell shirts even though he was told that he couldnt? No, that would be stupid. He and coach Howard had talked and it was ok for him to go ahead and sell shirts. We still sold out before he didbwith his awesome designed multicolored shirts where there was a variety of designs as well. We had one design with one color. The only thing that attracted people to buy our shirts instead was purely because of the price. Our shirts were $10, while his were $20. I was ok with that. Bug the day dragged on wth the agonizing cries of girls lifting a geat mount of weight, then shouts of joy as they accomplish the feat of lifting the weight.it was crazy how much some of those girls could lift, scary too. So i helped with concession stand after lunch and that broyght completely dfferent situation where i had to actually get involved. To make thingw clear, the coaches were supposed to have bought his or her girls meal tickets or they wouldn't get to eat. One coach made the mistake of not buying them and came and started complaining to me. First off, did I look like somone who could take care of this problem? I'm just doing what i was told to do. I was told to not sell any more meal tickets if the school hadnt already bought them. So this cach asked if he could buy anymore meal tickets cuz his girls didn't get anytickets. I asked if he bought any ahead of time and he said thats why he was buying some right now. I told him that we couldnt sell anymore and he started throwing a fit and all this crap and im just thinkin, coaches never handle getting mad very professionally. it ended up that they got their precious meal tickets. I didn't really care but the way the coach hndled it was pretty rediculous. But enough for now lol that sums up the exciting parts of the girls powerlifying meet.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's so much better

Football

Stock Show