My so-called "love life"

So as I said, anyone would say they saw me and Melanie coming from a mile away, and I enjoy it every day. So you must be wondering how it happened. Well all of high school we've been best friends, and it just so happens that our moms were and still are really good friends. This is why we never really thought about dating, at least she never did. While she was having her boy trouble, otherwise known as the wonderful world of drama, I was one of the greatly trusted people she would talk to. After they broke up, we were still very close, and we hung out quite a bit during the summer, when we were both in town anyways lol went and watched movies, had a good time together. She explained to me that it was just hangin out, I went along with it, but took every chance I could get to "hang out". She claimed that she wasn't ready for any relationship with anybody. Who could blame her after the hard break she had gone through not long before? So I let her have her room. It was somewhat frustrating to find out that she was talking to several guys and I felt she had led me on and for some reason, since we're both stubborn, we wouldn't talk to each other for two weeks and eventually decided we both overreacted. She threw me the guilt card of how I was her best friend and how I needed to be there for her and how she didn't see me like that, you know the whole ritual. So we got it, continued being friends, and I tried to see her that way. Well the year continued on until around Halloween where we both worked at the same haunted house. Backing up, actually (since I'm too lazy to erase, rewrite all this, I will insert it here :P), we both went to the Relay For Life which was somewhere around the same time, a moment of silence was being taken for those who were going through the struggles of a family member having cancer. If you don't already know, my great grandpa has cancer in his lung and this news at the time was considerably new so I was having a little hard time with it, but I was ok. Melanie, being the good friend that she was, was there to comfort me, and did something somewhat unexpected...she reached down nd held my hand...I was shocked for a second, didn't know how to react, so gladly accepted her hand. She went on to hug me, like any good comforting friend, right? She tells me a great fear shot through her as she sees my mom walking towards us. Now, anybody that even knows my family, we're a family of 5 boys, so my mom is very protective of her boys telling any and all girls that if they so much as look at any of her boys they wouldn't live to tell the tale. So anyways, Melanie's very scared at this point and as soon as I locate that my mother is in the general vicinity of this girl that is not only looking at one of her boys, but is making physical contact with him, I back off and do the first thing that comes to mind. Go to hugging mom. Good move on my part vas she could see I was at least somewhat upset and made no comment on the encounterment between us. Going on we both worked at the haunted house. So at the haunted house, given the air conditioner was made up of box fans blowing on us, it was very hot and exhausting to do continuous work the whole night. The workers consisted of a couple junior high girls, my little brothers, some of my other family (I know that's not very specific) and me and Melanie. As a result, it was usually me and Melanie, sitting together enduring through the vast of immature junior high kids. So during one of the breaks she asked me if I wanted to go to different, more quiet room away from these little children. you might think an alarm is going off in my head saying, she's got somethin important to tell if she's getting away from everyone else. Frankly, at the time, it really didn't matter lol I was exhausted and as tired of the immature people around me, so I thought it would be nice to get away. It turns our we go to a room that had a very comfortable bed, she laid on one side, I laid on the other, completely and unequivocally relaxed. She proceeded to tell me tat she did in fact have something to tell me. I asked what it was, she replied with, "do I have to tell you right now?" My immediate response was that it'd be nice, but I guess if she didn't want to she didn't have to. Don't really know why she would tell me she needs to tell me something and then not tell me, so she went on to stall for a couple minutes, finally I just asked, what so you need to tell me? So she sad ok..."I think I think I might, kinda, sorta, maybe in a way...like you." .........(long pause for the fireworks going off in my head).......my answer was, "ok. So you wanna hang out sometime?" So we "talked" for a week, and now we're dating. I asked her how long she'd been wanting to tell me and said about 3 weeks. All I could think was wow. Just WOW. I didn't realize it took that long of preparation for a girl lol she tells she was scared of my answer since se told me no during the summer, but I was and still am totally cool with it. Here shortly we will have been going out for 4 months, easily being my longest relationship, but only being 1/2 of Melanie's longest lol but like I've said before, I enjoy her.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's so much better

Football

Stock Show