Scout Camp

Scout camp was great! The first night we stayed up until 11:00 playing capture the flag. Right before I went to bed I took off my rain fly because it was hot in my tent. I woke up at 2:30 and felt little rain drop hit my sleeping bed, and thought crud. So I wrestled with my sleeping bag for a minute or two and finally got out of it and picked up the rain fly and went outside to put it back on. As I attempted to do that the wind was blowing so hard that after I got the first string hooked on it blew off and I got it back on again. I ended up getting the stupid thing on and as I was getting into my tent I heard window zippers zipping up. That was my dad zipping up his windows. I thought that was pretty funny. I went to sleep and got up at 6:30 and got out of my tent and there was no sun. I could see just fine but it was still cloudy. We ended up going to a chiropractor to get physicals done since everyone but a couple boys "forgot" their physical. So after that we went back to camp and played around for a while and went down to a part of the river where everyone can swim and tried to start the swimming merit badge. Unfortunately we never got to do that merit badge since the rain messed up something. I'm sorry that was on Monday evening. Then on Tuesday we did everything else that I said and went to go to try to swim, but as I said they were closed. So we went back to camp to do canoeing. We did get that one done. It wasn't that hard to finish. Then we started leatherwork that evening and had a fireside immediately following which ended up finishing at 11:00 so we couldn't play capture the flag. The next morning we woke up at 6:30 and had breakfast at 7:00 and started First Aid (which I already have) at 9:00. Then after lunch we finished up rowing. It was fun. That night everyone started Citizenship in the World. I allready have that one too and leatherworks. We didn't play capture the flag that night because of how long the fireside took also. Thursday started out the same, but while everyone was finishing First Aid, Brother Cagle and Frank Dawson and I set up an Orienteering course. I wasn't extremely difficult, but you could get mixed up. Every boy needed help at the exact same point in the course. This caused me to earn my Varsity Orienteering pin. Also just for going to the camp I earned my Varsity letter. We kayaked after lunch and earned the BSA Kayaking award. After that we went fishing. After I first cast in my first cast, it wasn't 10 seconds when I caught a fish. I was pretty excited. Then 20 seconds later, I caught another fish! I thought to myself this is pretty cool. Then after a while of waiting, I moved to a different place and felt my line pule so I reeled it in and it ended up to be a Barbie fishing pole. Someone else decided to take that pole put a new hook on it and try to fish. Right after he through it in, it was probably 5 seconds and he started shouting "I caught a fish! I caught a fish!" And I looked over and sure enough, he had at least a 10 in. fish. After that out of everyone that fished we caught 35 fish! It was awsome. The boy who caught the fish on the Barbie fishing pole ended up cathing a total of 12 fish. He caught the most fish. That's a basic highlight of my week at scoutcamp.

Comments

  1. Hmmm, rain on the first night, sounds like last year.

    Glad you had fun. Glad you were able to do the Varsity stuff since you've got almost all the MBs the others were doing.

    I might get called to Scouts down here. I found out my name was submitted 2 months ago!

    What did you do with all the fish?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It's so much better

Stock Show

Football